Friday, May 8, 2009

What's up?

Things have been rather quiet in my webshop and in my Etsy shop. I have been creating jewellery regularly, but not listing much. There are a couple of reasons for this: I have been thinking about quitting Etsy and focusing my energies on my own webshop. For several reasons. Mainly because I want to attract local customers in Sweden, and the whole currency thing on Etsy is not ideal for this. But then I had some problems with extended characters (åäö) not showing properly in my webshop, which made listing there a bit of a hassle. I still have not found the solution to this, and I really am loath to reinstall just to get this fixed, especially since Hannah put in a lot of work to make customizations for me.

I think I have decided not to quit Etsy, especially since launching my tutorial and selling quite a few of them there. But I have been thinking a lot lately on what sort of jewellery to list on Etsy and what sort of jewellery to list in my own webshop, and I think I'm slowly coming to some sort of conclusion. And after that, I need to create more pieces to list :-)

On the picture above is a pair of diamond and spinel ear posts. They are actually rather small, but the close up makes them look bigger. They will probably be my next tutorial project.

I wish you a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Lotta :) I have found having my own webshop and Etsy works nicely side by side :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jo! Do you have a strategy for what sort of jewellery to list where?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand the dilemma you have with Etsy. I've been wondering what to do myself, but I don't have the time to run my own web shop. I really hope this works out for you, your designs deserve to be seen!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are sooooo gorgeous!! I'd give anything to be able to do that kind of wrapping. I admire you so much (and Jo and the rest) for your talents! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Katja, dear friend! I will keep you updated :-)

    Thank you for your sweet words, Ginger! I do enjoy wire wrapping, but preferably smaller pieces :-) You do beautiful work, too.

    ReplyDelete