Friday, September 5, 2008

Africa - Woven Hoop Earrings in Gold Filled - A Wire Artisans Guild Challenge Piece


Woven Creols, originally uploaded by SilverknutenLotta.

So I've gotten a bit behind with the posting. Doesn't anything interesting happen in my life?

Well, not very much jewellery has happened lately, but I hope it's turning around. I finished these earrings on Wednesday, and yesterday evening I finished a commissioned necklace (pictures here). I have a pair of earrings waiting for me at my workbench that I have been dreaming about for ages, I hope I will finish them tonight.

The earrings above were designed for the monthly Wire Artisans Guild challenge. This month's theme was Africa. When I think of Africa and jewellery, I think of gold. Long necks covered in stiff gold neckpieces, large gold ear hoops. Not having large amounts of gold at hand, I decided on the hoops :-) They are hand shaped and hammered, then woven with thin wire. You can find them in my shop.

I really like this design and will explore it in other materials, next in line is oxidised silver.

2 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful!! Great addition to this month's theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to visit me at my blog just to say thank you :) I was serious, this pair is really lovely. I'm off to see your etsy shop :)

    ReplyDelete